|Sorting through the various batiks|
In browsing various blogs, I was inspired by versions of Cluck Cluck Sew's off track pattern, and decided to give that pattern a try. I cut the batiks into 2 1/2 inch strips to place against the gray background.
|After first pinning the matching pieces together, I eventually switched over to use Wonder clips to hold the pieces together.|
|Trying out a layout on the floor. I ended up moving around some of the dark pieces, which had accumulated in one corner. The finished quilt is about 44 by 70 inches - a nice lap quilt size.|
|The final layout|
|Close ups on some of the fabrics before quilting.|
|I decided to do a loose double loopy quilting, as a counterpoint to the straight lines of the pattern. I used a light gray Aurifil on the top, and a white Aurifil for the bottom. 7 bobbins for this quilt!|
|More little loops|
|The back is an Alexander Henry fabric. I used scraps of the batiks for the binding.|
|All soft and quilted!|
This quilt has a nice soft look to it. I have now made two quilts using batiks. My earlier Tranquility quilt and this one. I will definitely use them again.
Enjoy the rest of the summer. I intend to link up to Crazy Mom Quilt's Finish it up Friday next week.