A pink quilt for a new baby girl! I cut 5-inch squares from various pinks in my stash, as well as squares of Kona white. I then sewed 50 of those together to get the 99 half square triangles used in this quilt.
My 5- inch squares in a variety of pinkish fabrics
I had some adorable Alexander Henry "calico cat" fabric from 2008 (!) that I finally found a use for as the back of this quilt. I could never bring myself to cut up these elongated cats, but backing was a perfect use!
I quilted it using a very free form orange peel pattern on the triangles. Some are fat, some are thin, but overall, it turned out fine.
Before binding and washing. The binding is a pink Kona cotton.
After washing, the quilt turned out nice and crinkly.
The finished quilt is about 40 x 50 - a nice size for wrapping up a baby!
Here is a better look at the cats on the back!
Welcome to the world, baby Natalie Mae!
Merry Christmas to all and I am looking forward to lots of quilting in 2016!