I am using copy paper as the base, which is pretty heavy and clunky to use (but free since I use scraps). I am working on a way to streamline the piecing of the "crown" portions so to cut down on excess material to be trimmed off. I have also discovered that removing the paper before piecing the curves together makes it a lot easier to pin and sew. Making progress. I intend to make a total of 5 blocks to start as samples, then get to the business of my "real" quilt. I must admit that these fabrics just take my breath away!
|This one doesn't seem even close to square! I'll make it work, somehow!|
I had already sewn the first block samples into a large square block, and now that I am continuing the project, my current plan is to use three of each new pattern to wrap around the middle. I won't sew these together until I am done. I may come up with some other plan as I go. A table runner, perhaps??
Here is the beginning of my work on Block #3! LOVE these!
I did have a finish this week, although NOT a quilt-related one. When I decided to retire, I ordered up some wall paper to replace the paper in our guest/kids' bath. I thought having a project would be a good idea. Little did I know that I would be so busy I wouldn't get to it until now, more than a year after the wallpaper was purchased, and almost a year since retiring! I haven't wallpapered in a while, and this was not pre-pasted! The bathroom is narrow and has tall ceilings, but I plugged away, and am delighted with the results!
|Before. (I was already starting to remove the paper at this point!)|
|After. It feels fresh and light and airy (and goes nicely with the green tiles!|