|The mini quilt trumpet pad|
|The table runner in use at home.|
I had sewn together too many strip sets for the table runners, but knew I'd use them eventually. I only had a day to work on this project, so it was quick, and simple.
|The left over fabric strips, ready to cut on an angle!|
I cut the piece fabric into 5 inch wide strips on a 60 degree angle, and sewed them together in a quick chevron pattern. The matching was not very precise.
|I am not sure where I went wrong on some of the matching. The fabric stretches a bit cut on an angle like that.|
|I finished it with a plain black Kona cotton border, about 4 inches wide.|
I pinned it up using a flannel as the backing. I ended up quilting in black thread down the middle of each chevron strip on top, with a grey thread on the back.
|The wacky flannel backing!|
Voila! a quick mat to protect the trumpets, and the furniture. I was glad to have a quick project to make from start to finish. I have three works in progress, and hope to finish up one of them soon!
Enjoy the summer!